Monday, September 01, 2008

XPS Finally Arrives

XPS 1530 is now part of my prized earthly possesions. The purpose of which is to help me stay put in this fast changing tech environment. My old PC, although still a worthy workhorse, was finding itself w/o support increasingly these days.

The goods and the bad about my new XPS,
Good
1. Its' Cool, Happening and very very powerful.
2. Vista is a toy so far, lets' see with Visual Studio and Eclipse running side-by-side...would be worth finding out.
3. Only game I tried was FSX, and it didnt perform very well, its' not a huge jump in terms of graphics performance...I've seen the things it had to offer.
4. Vista is paid for...and I am really patting myself for it. Besides the good looks, its' a real 21-st century OS, it almost feels like theres' a small little technician whos' able to guess what's wrong or where I can find some help. Beat that those so-called Linux "mainstream" OSes, you are still way outside the planetary system.
N. Cant remember the number in this list, doing this through a gadget?

Hell, I'll end this emotional outburst, and get back with a better review when I find some time.

No comments: