Friday, February 12, 2010

Windows Vista SUX

I finally got an answer to why everyone HATES Windows Vista, it simply fcuks up without a clue. Lost a few of my girls' 1st birthday photos to this quirky piece of shit they call Windows Vista!

Possible triggers to the mess:
a. Windows update ran yesterday night for a long time and added a lot of security patches to Office 2007 apps.
b. I ran Dell MediaDirect today and accessed the "My Pictures" folder for an admin a/c (mine).
c. Left the laptop running for the whole day today.

The consequence:
a. Lost a few folders that were created in the last 36 hours, which included a few of my girls 1st birthday snaps.
b. Networking failed completely
c. AVG stopped working
d. Funny errors started showing up every 2 minutes
e. USB ran at a snail's pace
f. Scans reported errors but expressed inability to repair it.

After a thorough fight for 60 minutes, I decided to do the inevitable - run a clean restore using the Dell partition which everyone had recommended as junk.

Lessons learnt:
a. Backup
b. Vista will fcuk up, just a matter of time.
c. Backup!

No comments: