Saturday, December 26, 2009

Adios Dear Indu

Feeling really nostalgic today, remembering all the beautiful moments I've shared with my car. Long drives, monsoon drives, picnics, vacations and above all a very important phase of my life. The car saw it all and was with me during possibly the best phase of my life.

However since all good things always end, so has this little journey of 6 long years and even in the end, she has paved the path for the next car.

26/7 was the one day I will probably cherish the most, as on this day, she turned into an angel, who took care of me and my dad right untill the rain stopped and the light of dawn showed up. Had it not been for the radiator fan helping circulate air, I shudder to think what might have happened.

Then there are memories for a last-time with a special someone, and some very important family moments. She looked so beautiful on my wedding day with a gorgeous decoration and got Sony and me home after our marriage. The monthly trips my sister took during her pregnancy. Ojas's first ride. The journey I took to meet my in-labour wife, and then in the middle of the journey, being given the news of Mia's arrival - Kasara Ghat to be precise.

Its' a mixed feeling to let her go, I can only hope the next guy/girl who is lucky enough to get her, treats her well, and sees her through her retirement. There are some things that money can't replace - my first car tops that list.

Adios Indu

No comments: